In 2018, in-depth research revealed what many had suspected. A lot of the broadly used safety instruments were not valid, in the sense that they did not measure what they were intended to measure. Furthermore, the instruments often had no documented measures of reliability. We can document.
- that our model is in line with prevailing research.
- that the level of cultural maturity determines the incident frequency.
- a predictive effect, as problem departments experience more incidents.
- that improvements in cultural maturity lead to a reduction in incident frequency.
- a significant correlation with insurance claims frequency.
To summarize, we can document that our model is valid and reliable.